Ella Brittain, CFNN Reporter
This week on Ell’s Kitchen, we are making BBQ Zucchini Boats. These fun and unique boats are easy to make and are extremely delicious! You only need four ingredients and one pan to cook this meal that the whole family will love. If you are creative and feel adventurous, feel free to add some seasonings or sauces on top to create an even more scrumptious dinner!
- 1 Pan
- Aluminum foil
- Zucchini (I used 2 large zucchinis for my family of 3)
- Shredded Chicken (I used a cooked rotisserie chicken, but you can always use leftover chicken)
- BBQ Sauce (Use whatever kind you would like! There are many flavors so just choose your desired taste.)
- Mozzarella Cheese (You could also use mexican blend or pizza blend.)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the zucchini longways.
- Scoop out the middle of the zucchini as a “boat” for the chicken.
- Mix your shredded chicken, BBQ sauce, and a little bit of cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollow zucchini and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes or until the zucchini is almost completely soft and the cheese is melted.
- Uncover for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Let it cool and top with any extra added ingredients.
Hope you enjoyed this weeks recipe, and come back next week to have a pumpkin surprise! Until next time, I am Ella Brittain and this is Ell’s Kitchen!