Ella Brittain, CFNN Reporter
When you’re stuck at home like we’ve been, it’s not surprising if you’re to pick up a new hobby. For me, that was cooking and baking. It allowed me to be creative and try new foods. Baking also allowed me to experiment with different recipes and make something ordinary a little more unique. Welcome to Cooking with Ella, Week 1!
The first recipe I will be giving you is one that you see all over TikTok and Pinterest, but with a little twist. You only need 4 ingredients to make this wonderful recipe that you could eat for breakfast, lunch, a snack or even for dinner.
These banana waffles are gluten-free, dairy-free and can be nut-free friendly. You can make them plain, or infuse them with fruit, or chocolate. There are also many substitutions that you can use to fit your wants or restrictions. There is no refined or added sugar in this recipe. You can even turn this waffle recipe into a pancake or muffin recipe! To make pancakes just add less flour, and to make the muffins add in more flour.
- A small bowl
- Measuring cups
- A fork (or something to mash the banana with)
- A waffle kaker
- 1 Semi-Ripe Banana
- ⅓ Cup of Gluten Free Flour (You can also use Almond Flour or Oat Flour)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp of Honey
- Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- In a small bowl, mash the banana until the clumps are almost gone. (You can substitute applesauce for the banana just add a little more flour until you reach your desired consistency)
- Mix in the one egg.
- Slowly add the flour into the egg banana mixture. (You may want to use more or less flour to get it to your desired texture.)
- Lastly, add in the honey and mix. (This would be when you could add in cinnamon, peanut butter, or maple syrup to spice up the flavor.)
- Pour the batter into the waffle mix and wait until it gets golden brown.
There you have it, the simplest banana waffles you’ll ever make!