Ella Brittain, CFNN Reporter
This week on Ell’s Kitchen, we are making Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowls. These bowls are fairly easy to make and remind me of fall! The dish only requires two tools and six ingredients. This meal is also vegetarian. There are many things that you could change to fit your likings. Now, let’s get on with this exquisite recipe!
- 1 small pot
- 1 medium-large pan
- 1 cup of Quinoa (I used white quinoa, but you could use any type.)
- 3 Sweet Potatoes (I used 3 for my family of 4 and had leftovers.)
- 1 can of Black Beans
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 2 Avocados (optional)
- Avocado Ranch (I prefer a thinner consistency ranch on these bowl.)
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- While the oven is preheating and the water is boiling, chop the sweet potatoes into cubes and chop the cauliflower. Put the vegetables on the pan and pour olive oil over them and toss until they are all covered. (I like to nuke the sweet potatoes in the microwave for about 3 minutes or until they are easier to chop.)
- When the oven is done preheating add in the vegetables and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft. (This time may vary.)
- When the water is done boiling, add in 1 cup of Quinoa and cook until the water is absorbed. This takes about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff, cover, and let it stand until the vegetables are ready.
- Place black beans in a microwavable bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- When the vegetables are done, add the amount of quinoa you want at the bottom of a bowl. Then, add the black beans to one side, add the sweet potatoes to the other, and add the cauliflower in the middle. Lastly, add chopped or diced avocados and about a tablespoon of the avocado ranch. (You can add more dressing if you would like.)
This is my recipe for a delicious fall sweet potato bowl. I hope you try it out and love it. Come back next week for some scrumptious sweet cinnamon rolls! Until next time, I am Ella Brittain and this is Ell’s Kitchen!